Friday the 13th edition! Things and thoughts and stuff that I may have run across during the past week. *It may not always be on Fridays, and it could be more or less than 5 things. My site, my rules.
- Music I was listening to this week: I’m going Old School this week. I’ve been listening a lot to vintage Yello. “Ocean Club” is this week’s favorite. Not as well known as “Oh Yeah”, but every bit as good. Spoken word, electronica, and a classic 90’s feel.
- Tool of the week: Since I touched a little on cable routing last week, I figured I’d add the other half of that equation so you can get your electronic spaghetti cleaned up. Velcro “One Wrap” Ties. These are amazing for cable management. They have a small slot through one end so you can cinch around a bundle of cables, or even anchor the tie around one end of the cable and then bundle from there. 100 in a roll. I use them almost everywhere. Highly recommended!
- Useless fact of the day: A “jiffy” is an actual unit of time. Scientist Gilbert Newton Lewis defined a jiffy as the amount of time it takes light to travel one centimeter in a vacuum, which is about 33.4 picoseconds or one trillionth of a second. So if you tell someone you will get to it in a “jiffy”, you better be already done with that task.
- Friday the 13th, full moon fact: Tonight’s full moon is a “Micro Moon” which means that the full moon will occur near apogee, which is the most distant point in the moon’s orbit. (252,100 miles away from earth.) The last time this happened was in 1832, and it won’t happen again for 505 years.
- Fear and spelling challenges: The fear of Friday the 13th is called Paraskavedekatriaphobia.